Cookies and how they benefit youOur cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you would expect.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Enable you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (reducing costs for the charity).
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass data to advertising networks.
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
- Pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our cookiesWe have set out below the cookies used on our website. Not all of these cookies are used on every page, and many are only used when delivering content via third parties.
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not.
- Determining the format in which to display content to you.
- Engaging Networks (policies) - We sometimes embed petition or contact forms from Engaging Networks, a service that supports our campaigning work.
Social website cookiesSo you can easily "Like" or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site. Cookies are set by:
- Facebook (data use policy) - For the "Like" button.
Site improvement cookiesWe sometimes test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website. We use:
Turning cookies offYou can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how to turn cookies off here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our websites, and a large proportion of other websites, as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. To exclude cookies from a specific source, reference the relevant domain from this list in your browser's cookie settings:
|Leonard Cheshire Disability||.lcdisability.org or other LCD website domain|
(e.g.: .lcint.org, .actionforaccess.org, .parkhousehotel.org.uk)
|Active Network||.active.com, activeeurope.com|